Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arrival in England

Go down 
+7
Dorothy Devereux
Anne Boleyn
Henry VIII
Christina of Milan
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Elizabeth Tudor
Juan de Austria
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

Arrival in England - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:02 am

*Nicholas wrinkles his nose a bit but then concedes* They are not at all bad when one is properly expecting them.

Lady Devereux I shuld be honored to have thee as a dance partner if you are so inclined *smiles*
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:12 am

I do dearly love to dance, Your Highness, though I confess I enjoy a spirited galliard or volta moreso than their slower counterparts... I'm afraid, though, that I'm as yet unfamiliar with the Leicester Dance, or which of my male relations may be its namesake. *Spoken through a grin*

And, as I have but one head to lose, I suppose I shall count myself fortunate to be as unfamiliar with the Gavotte as I am with the Leicester Dance!

*She turns to Sir Nicholas with a slight curtsy*
However, Sir Nicholas, as you have so kindly offered, I shall leave the choice of dance up to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:24 am

I hath always been most fond of a volta myself

*smiles and extends his hand* shall we?
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:37 am

*She takes his hand, subtly guiding the hem of her skirts out of treading's way with the other.* As you wish, Sir. A volta it is!
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:49 am

*smiles* Thou doth dance devinely my Lady.

I must confess I know little of royal relations, where is it that you visit from? How doth thou know Elizabeth?
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:12 am

*She smiles, with faint blush and polite nod* I consider that quite a compliment, Sir, as you've doubtless far more practice at courtly dancing than I...

I come from Wanstead, near London, though I was born in Staffordshire. As far as knowing the Queen... *Here, her voice drops to a whisper* My mother, the Lady Leicester, was at one time a Lady-in-Waiting to her Majesty. Unfortunately, I cannot go into the details of such rumors and happenings in polite society, but suffice to say that after my father's untimely death in Ireland, my mother's sudden, unsanctioned marriage to my step-father Sir Robert Dudley made her presence at court less than welcome. It was my sincere hope that I would not have to bear the effects of any lingering ill-feeling between Her Majesty and my mother, though I don't doubt that my mother hopes my presence at court might win a return of some of the Queen's good will. Whether that may be the case or not is, as you may guess, not my position to speculate.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:17 am

Ah I see *Nicholas flashes her a most charming smile in an attempt to reassure her*

I wuldst have no fear of Elizabeth. She will harbor no ill will towards you for any past occurance betwixt your mother and herself. She shall accept thee for thine own merits
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:44 am

So I have been given every reason to believe, and in faith I've no cause to doubt Her Highness' sincerity, she has been as gracious and generous since my arrival as her reputation declares. In fact, all of Her Majesty's court have been exceptionally considerate.

*She flashes a smile of her own. While not quite the renowned beauty that Penelope was, her expression is lively, personable, and intelligent. And relieved.*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:28 pm

*Nicholas smiles , the expression lighting his whole face as it once alway did. Though it is tinged with a hint of saddness and loss*

I shuld think you will find great happiness in this court, I certainly did whilst I resided here.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:08 pm

Oh? *She quirks one eyebrow* Where, then, do you reside, Sir Nicholas? And (if I may be so bold), what business brings you back to court?
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:12 pm

I now reside in Scotland, I am to wed, Marie Stuart, The Queen of Scots. I hath returned home at the request of my dear friend Elizabeth

*then he adds with a playful whisper* so I can meet and deliver my opinion of her Don Juan.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:41 am

I offer you my congratulations, sir! But... *Her voice drops to a conspiratory tone* What do you think of Don Juan? He is a man whose reputation proceeds him, and I've heard rumor that he may yet take Don Carlos' place in the succession...

But, again, *With a small shrug* that's another subject which I've no means to conjecture.
Back to top Go down
Isabella of Portugal
Holy Roman Empress
Isabella of Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:43 am

*Isabella, alarmed by Dorothy's explanation beckons her nearer*

*Isabella smiles warmly*

What is this you speak of?
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:47 am

I thank thee for your congradulation and on the matter of Don Juan I must confess I have yet to talk to him other than a brief introduction.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:17 am

(ooc, sorry for absence, there is something wrong with my monitor, it's gone all blue! catching up on this thread right now)
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:40 am

(OOC: Bad one, did you get it fixed? I am a computer geek by trade, anything I can do too assist?)
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:45 am

(right, caught up)
*Juan approaches Anne and Henry, while avoiding the Empress, who he has never met but recognizes her from her pictures*
*bows to the King*
Your Grace, 'tis an honor. My most Imperial father speaks highly of you.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:45 am

(wiggled the cords and it worked)
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:51 am

(OOC: Cool ... sometimes that is all it takes lol)
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:56 am

*Henry, with great effort, refrains from the "what are your intentions with my daughter" speach and paints on a warm and welcomeing smile that so far he is not sure if Don Juan deserves.*

Welcome to England. It is a pleasure to meet the son whom thine father speaks so fondly of.
Back to top Go down
Dorothy Devereux
Courtier
Dorothy Devereux

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:04 am

You're very welcome, sir. And, in faith, I've yet to do more than observe Don Juan, myself. But, *Stepping back from Sir Nicholas with a curtsy* If you'll pardon me, good Sir, I'm afraid our dance must conclude for the nonce.

*She makes her way to Isabella, offering her a courtly curtsy before addressing her*
'tis only the rumors and prattle of bored country mice, Your Highness. It's known Don Carlos is in a state of eligible bacherlorhood... Ladies will chatter, and the subject of young gentlemen is a favorite one.

And, *With a pause and a small half-smile* Of all of the gifts I could send to my reclusive mother at home, new conversation is by far the most sought-after. If I could give my family nothing else, my mother, the Cou-... Lady Letitia would consider my time at court a rousing success if it gave her something new to talk about over Primero!
Back to top Go down
Christina of Milan
Duchess
Christina of Milan

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:17 am

(right dude now, or dudette if you prefer)
*curtseys to Aunt Isabella*
Your majesty, are you distressed? May I be of help in any way?
*looks around at the same time for any wizardly looking earls*
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:23 am

Thank you, your Highness.
I understand your Highness is making some improvements in your Navy? I am quite fond of the sea myself.
Back to top Go down
Henry VIII
King Regnant
Henry VIII

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:35 am

(OOC: I pick the wrong dude my self from time to time lol I had old Henry wait to reply because I had a feeling that was not quite right Wink )

*Henry's face begins to beam with pride at the mention of his navy. There could not have been a more perfect subject by which to earn the favor of his future father in law)

A strong navy is most important! If we are to keep our trade routes secure we must see to the protection of the Broade Ditch. We have many fine ships in our fleet and more under construction. But the best is the Mary Rose. Ah but she is the finest ship ever bulit.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 am

*broad smile*
Ah my lord, you must allow me to plead the case of my own galley! She is called the Real but 'tis more a title than a name, and she is lovely. I shall drive the Turks into the farthest reaches of the Middle Sea sailing her!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrival in England
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next