Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arrival in England

Go down 
+7
Dorothy Devereux
Anne Boleyn
Henry VIII
Christina of Milan
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Elizabeth Tudor
Juan de Austria
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:51 am

*a fine ship approaches Bristol, it is painted red and gold and flies the flag of Spain. A young man waits impatiently for it to dock.*
Right, let's see this queen my father is trying to marry to me.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:49 am

*Juan bullies a fast horse out of the mayor and rides alone at breakneck pace for London, occasionally whooping in joy*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:54 am

*Elizabeth has tried on any number of different outfits in which to meet her betrothed, and has yet to meet a decision. After half a day of wondering whether her hair should be worn up or down she hath opted for half up, half down. In a pause between changing outfits to decide upon which jewels to wear, Francis Walsingham and William Cecil attempt to question her upon a matter of state. They are roared at for distracting her from her task and then asked which jewels or dress they think best. Both are for once utterly without an answer to give Her Majesty, and ushered out of the chambers with looks of great relief upon their faces.*
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:31 am

*after changing horses several times, paying the owners generously, Juan arrives in London and proceeds to Elizabeth's palace. Sauntering in, he stops the first person he sees who looks like he may know who is who and what is what*
You, my lord! My name is Juan de Austria and I have come to see the queen. Take her this letter, and she will know of me.
*hands over letter from his father*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 4:47 am

*Lady Westwood finishes fitting a new dress in the Italian style upon Elizabeth that Robyn Dudley declares doth make her look like a Ventian Concubine. He gains a slap for that, along with the question of how many of them he hath spent her coins on during his travels abroad. Eventually something about his remark causes her to smile as her majesty declares that she hath found just the dress.*

*Elizabeth makes her final preparations taking a bath of rose, musk and damask followed by having her hair pinned with jewels. As she begins to dress a note arrives to say that Don Juan hath arrive at court. her ladies go into panic while she takes deep breath and orders that her guest be taen to the sumptuous rooms that have been prepared for him. An invitation also goes direct from her Majesty to join her at dinner with a select few members of court as is the tradition.*
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:03 am

*Juan strolls through the elegantly appointed rooms*
Nice, nice...she has good taste!
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 am

*changes into dinner clothes*
I hope her taste in food is as good as her taste in interior design.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:17 am

*Elizabeth heads toward the great hall where her nerves are further calmed by the presance of her favourite courtiers. As she sits down she hopes that her arrangements will all be to Juan's liking and scowls at one of the courtiers who doth complain of her choice of Spanish and Italian food*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:31 am

I do hope that my late arrival shall be forgiven *bows to Elizabeth* before taking an empty chair. *He gives her a reassureing smile that hopes conveys how lovely she looks and that she need not worry*

I hath not missed the arrival of the guest of honor? *smiles*
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 am

*Juan enters the room, bows deeply to the queen and addresses her from bended knee*
Your Grace. I am Juan de Austria, and it is a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I have had a long journey and appreciate your royal hospitality. My most noble father has written much of your kindness and beauty and I find he has, perhaps, understated the truth of the matter!
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:47 am

*without rising from his knee*
And I have brought you a gift, but I have outpaced it- I fear it is still nearer Bristol than London. I would beg you to accept this humble trinket, as a token of my esteem for your Grace and your realm.
*produces a small but elaborate gold pendant*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 am

My lord, you are too kind.

*Elizabeth smiles and offers her hand.*

Won't you please join me to partake of the food laid out here and tell me how faired your journey.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:55 am

I hope the rooms provided are to your liking. Mine household is at your disposal sir if you do require anything. You are far from home and have travelled long to grace me with your fine company. I would have you ask for anything you have need of while you are here.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:05 am

*kisses her hand then rises*
Your grace is most kind.
My journey was uneventful, even boring, not even a storm to challenge the ship and her crew. But! Tis all for the best, I suppose, as it enabled me to be here, near you, faster. You do have some fine fast horses in your country, Your grace.
Will you do me the honor of introducing these other good gentles?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 am

As I, alas, hath not left England's shores - 'cept for the running in of new ships - I wudst first introduce thee to those who hath seen more of the world than I.

Sir Francis and Sir Walter are here abouts the court someplace... *the Queen blushes* ...I do hope you hath not run into them afore now my lord for they are quite the savages at sea. They will now of course treat you most favourably upon my word.

We also have a very fine sea fairing gentleman at dinner with us this eve who ist much more to thine standard I think. May I present our good friend the Marquis of Pembroke.

Our good Sir Nicholas - my lord of Pembroke - ist a subject of this realm but currently betrothed to my good cousin Marie, Queen of Scotland. I do hope she wilt call in and introduce herself too.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:22 am

*bows to the Marquis*
My lord of Pembroke, 'tis an honor indeed to make your acquaintance. And as for these other good men, I hear they are most troublesome to my father and brother's ships, but I hope to end such ruckuses by my presence here at your side, and would love to hear their tales...my travels have kept me to the Mediterranean. And I excel, if you will forgive me, at besting savages upon the seas. I dance in the face of their cannons!

It would be a great honor indeed to meet the Queen of Scots, though I am sure her beauty will pale before yours, my lady.
Back to top Go down
Christina of Milan
Duchess
Christina of Milan

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:25 am

*curtseys to the Queen*
Your Grace, Sir Nicholas!
Ah, you must be my good cousin Juan! I am Christina von Oldenburg, lately of Milan and Lorraine, and 'tis an honor to make your acquaintance.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:35 am

The honor is mine, Duchess. I am so pleased to have such a large family!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:38 am

*Elizabeth beams at Christina, happy that a member of Don Juan's family ist here so as not to overwhem him with the English court*

Ah yes Philip of Spain, I too am his sister, by marriage. But alas my lord, our brother and I have something of a changable relationship. We are but a little island and my sailors are oft too enthusiastic in their endeavors to persuade him to back off with his big ships. When we are all good friends I do expect such things will cease.

Masters Drake and Raleigh do love battle upon the seas so parhaps you may find better foe for their little games... or else Master Raleigh will fill mine court up with strange foreign vegetables he hath discovered in the new world.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:42 am

If it please you my lord, when thou art rested from thine journey, I shalt have mine musicians play us a Galliard. Your father tells me you are fond of that dance, while I myself dance La Volta daily for mine good health.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:44 am

The volta! I love it, but have not had a capable partner since I left Italy! The galliard I find to be the best to dance while being shot at.

Strange vegetables? Such as tomatoes and potatoes? We have had them in Spain since Don Pizarro came back.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 am

*laughs* I myself try to avoid being shot at tho have had a few near misses myself. I shall keep dancing in mind next time one of the Pope's assasins doth have me at gun point my lord. *grins to show she ist making a joke of this*

I trust not the potatoes yet my lord, though the tomatoes are most fine. Thus far mine only pleasure in the potato ist when made into Tortilla de Espanola. Tis a vile vegetable eaten raw.

Last edited by Elizabeth Tudor on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 am

The next time the pope's assasins try to kill you, I shall deal with them myself!
*stands*
I am rested! Let us dance!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:52 am

*Elizabeth blushes at the kind comment, and rises to take his hand*

I wudst have thou choose the dance my lord. Order my musicians to play what you wish. Music and dance are my great loves, they have extensive knowledge of many fine works and dances from throughout Europe.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:58 am

Let it be la volta, then, for I would only please you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arrival in England Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival in England   Arrival in England I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrival in England
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next