Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:50 am

AN INQUISITION? HOW DARE YOU! I WAS, AM AND WILL ALWAYS BE VERY TOLERANT OF PROTESTANTS, 3/4 OF MY PRIVY COUNCIL WERE MEMBERS OF YOUR HERETICAL FAITH.

And I may or may not be using witchcraft to cast my image in two places at once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:51 am

Marie I know you are not a monster ... but niether is Elizabeth

I know you want what you think is best for your people and so does Elizabeth ... you both believe what you are doing is right and just.

I am the poor fool is caught between you both
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:53 am

Well, Nicky, I half-agree with that statement. A woman who would unlawfully imprison her own cousin is a monster to me ...

... don't you love me Nicky?
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:56 am

Of course I do, you shud not have to ask me that. But I also love my friend, my Queen, and my Country
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:05 am

*Elizabeth sighs heavily with great sadness at her cousin's naivety, wishing she had ways to educate a fellow Prince but knows it not possible*

...dear cousin, why do you think that Spain supports all of thine fellow conspiritors against me? They do not value you as your countrymen would, they see you as a weak ruler with a tendancy towards being controlled by violent men. They would have you as a puppet upon our own throne.

Would you allow an alliance with me we cudst be two bretheran Queens who love the same God and share both blood and neighbouring realms. We could cast out the foolish men of foreign thrones who wudst control our kingdoms so they can pilage our land for their own pleasure.

When the Catholics who give thee my throne by my own unlawful death bring the Inquisition to thine shores, how wilt thou protect thine subjects? The protestants wilt not trust thee for murdering me in cold blood for the sake of crushing their religion. Those who dislike foreigners wilt never trust thine French ways and Spanish supporters. Yes, the country will be plunged into outright war as they fight for their own livesa and beliefs. They will die in their thousands, but they wilt not die in thy name madam.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:19 am

...and Marie, I do deeply regret having to imprison thee, but then we all know if I did not confine thee you wudst have my entire court murdered in their beds and plunge the realm into outright chaos.

That is, if the lack of the protective castle walls I provided didn't mean that the murderous Lords who chased thee into mine realm to start with didn't kill thee first.

I couldn't let them do that, couldn't have mere commoners murder a fellow Queen. But I wasn't having you murder me either, and thou art as conniving a bitch as I and openly wudst have me dead.

I liketh not the killing of anyone./ I have a most dreadful habit of confining mine enemies over long period while I argue with my ministers for their lives, but in the end have to admit they must be killed afore they have me killed instead.

*shrugs helplessly*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 am

*Nicholas heaves a great sigh*

So is there no way through this *he speaks softly, almost to himself, unsure if anyone is evening listening to him anyway*

My future wife, my love imprisoned agaisted her will
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 am

*though her own matters in all this weigh heavily upon her, Elizabeth is not blind to the suffering of her dear Nicholas. She bids him have private word with her and exits the room hoping he will follow. She has ideas that may help him, but cannot have anyone know that the Queen of England has any involvement in them*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:54 am

*he wonderrs what it amis but trust his most dearest friend even now. He bids Marie to stay behind and begs she trust him. Then he follows Elizabeth*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:15 am

*Elizabeth walks down the corridor and into a small empty room with thick walls where tis impossible to be overheard. When Nicholas enters she shuts the door tight behind him and leans against it to bar any entrance without her immediate knowledge*

My lord, I speak of this now but will deny all knowledge of it the moment we exit this room.

Though Marie and her fellow conspirators are heavily watched, you are not. You have powers unexpected within the human world and canst break her free can you not?

*not awaiting an answer, for she doth not wish to hear his acknowledgement of the treason she is suggesting he commit against herself, she continues*

The Queen of Scots has supporters though I would suggest thee not trust any of them alone with her for they love her blindly for her religion and would control her to perform their own will. She knows how to find them, she hath been corresponding with them since her arrival here. Take her to them.

However, if you conspire with any of them on her behalf against me or are seen alone with them my spies will come after you afore I have a chance to stop them. Be warned.

*for the first time Elizabeth stops staring at the floor and looks straight into his eyes*

I understand you love her and would protect her. This, though a foolish thing that pains me greatly, I cannot fault. However sir *she growls her words at him now* defy me in word or deed and thou art lost to me entirely. Protect her as you will, but endanger me or my throne in any way and I wilt have thee dead!

*Elizabeth's own words cause her to openly burst into tears, and she flees across the room and slides against the wall there to sit broken upon the floor*

*She forces herself to continue what she intended to say though her words are merely a pained whisper*

...if thou makest her immortal the whole of our realms are doomed and thee along with them. I dare not consider the consequences. I wilt not have it be so.

*her greatest fear now uttered Elizabeth cries into her hands*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:54 am

Sir Nicholas stands quietly for a few moments before crossing the room to sit down beside her. He knows her well enough to know she could turn on him in her pain at any moment but he doesnt care*

You are my dearest Friend *after a brief pause* I am so sorry Bess.

Before this happened this evening I had come to you to ask for your forgiveness, to beg that you would look upon me again as you once did. But things have changed havent they, and they will never be the same.

I know well what you do for me, and I scarely know what to say to convey what is in my heart, what this means to me. You who have saved my life, given me protection, and now would give me the one thing that I desire but goes against everything you would have for me and your country.

*he gently removes her hands from her face and lifts her chin so he can look into her eyes*

This may be the last time we lay eyes on each other for some time, I would have you look at me when I say this ...

I love you Bess, as my best friend and my Queen. I love this country and I shall betray neither, not even for love. I would not leave here without your blessing. And I swear I shall always remain loyal. If Marie rises against you I will return to you or perish in the attempt. I will come home to fight for you and England. This I swear. And never fear for Marie's mortailty, there is none I would wish this curse upon.

*leans forward to kiss her cheek softly, not careing if it angers her or not*

Good bye my friend
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:19 am

*Bess flings her arms around him, her emotions now so overwrought that she is acting entirely without thought in her head. His skin is cold against her cheek and she welcomes the sensation as it cools the pain and anguish that burns a flush across her skin. The comfort of having him close lets her speak freely of the fears that plague her every waking thought*

Though I hath lived long enough to take the throne by naught but my own wit, I had the strength to do so knowing that you wudst come to my aid if I ever required it. sir, and I cannot thank thee eough for that.

You are the last of those I have loved that I now must loose and I feel myself overwhelmed at the thought of it dear Nicholas. None are left but those who serve me loyally as their rightfull Queen. I hath chased away all those who love me for myself in order to protect my realm. Though I know it must be so it pains me most deeply.

*Elizabeth releases her grasp and leans back agsinst the wall once more to stare up at the walls that surround her. She is once again seperating herself from him physically and mentally in the hope her heart will follow suit.*

I should be grateful for that. Marie hath not such loyalty and protection as I or she would not have thrown herself upon my mercy for protection afore this day. I realise that she has but your love and I have but my throne. I cannot deny her what she has though I do hate her for that now more than anything. I grant it only for your happiness and the hope that you can keep her safe and happy.

*Elizabeth's tears are falling once again now but she cries silently and with more composure, sticking out her chin in defiance to it all and speaking loudly to convince herself more than anyone else*

If she ist happy, safe from harm and guided by one who loves her, perhaps she will cease her eternal quest to have me dead for naught but my crown. I shall pray for that for us both.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:29 am

*his first impulse is to remind her again that he would stay with her if she asked it of him, he stay even if only as a friend. But he knows asking it again would be naught*

*he says instead* I shall pray for it as well, everyday I am away.

*he looks at her intently* if ever there is anything you need ... you need only call for me always

*his own tears begin to trace bloody lines down his pale cheeks*

I love you Bess *he says again, then turns to leave ... the hardest thing he has ever done*
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:35 am

Oh Elizabeth I HATE YOU!

YOU HAVE ADVISORS WHO LOVE YOU, NOBLES WHO LOVE YOU. WHAT HAVE I DONE TO RULE OVER A COUNTRY OF SAVAGES? I AM NO WITCH, I HURT NO-ONE, I DON'T WANT TO KILL YOU, BUT WHAT CHOICE DO I HAVE. OH! IF ONLY YOU KNEW WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO BE ABLE TO TRUST BUT NOT HAVE THE PEOPLE TO DO IT WITH! AND THEN HAVE YOUR OWN COUSIN IMPRISON YOU!

Ehm-ehm, and you're probably right about the Spanish. However I hath learned mine lesson, I will accept their gold but not their soldiers. Doth thou honestly think I would be so stupid as to let foreign soldiers over-ride my country?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:40 am

*a wicked grin of pure jest traces slowly across Elizabeth's face as she regains her usual intelligence and quick wit*

I have thus far to see any evidence of you doing anything to protect the welfare of your country madam - save giving birth to an heir - but we doth live in hope!

*Elizabeth turns to walk down the corridor and bac to the sanctity of her own apartments.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:44 am

*thinks about stabbing Elizabeth (literally) in the back, but wants to remain on her good side for now*.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:49 am

I can get us out of this castle safely but we must go now and under the cover of darkness ... for obvious reasons *grins*
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:51 am

I know ... I don't want to get burned.

Oh wait ... ouais, I forgot about your condition.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 am

well there is the possibilty of you being burned at the stake ... but I shud think Elizabeth would perfer your pretty head
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 am

*Performs one her world famous mood swings*. What are you so desperate to get rid of me?
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:06 am

*tries hard not to laugh* I do adore your firey spirit!

If I wanted rid of you then I shud not be sneaking us out of here now wuld I ... speaking of it, shall we go now, or stand here and argue and get caught *laughs*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers   Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sir Nicholas, Marquis of Pembroke Private chambers
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4