Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:27 am

My Dear Bess,

Catherine of Aragon was indeed the one. Oh my friend what folly have I brought upon me and my sweet Marie? I only asked her politely not to speak ill of you in my presense as you were my most dear and loyal friend. At which point she went all Queen on me and I had to get rude. You know how I deplore being rude. Marie stepped in and took my side, which pleased me greatly but it did cause a row between us when then Catherine left our court in a huff. But all is the better for it .... I won the row ... and your dear mother seems to be warming to me now. Ha! There may be hope for poor love-sick Nicholas after all!

I jest of course, but it did make me see the errors in my behavior as of late.

I so miss being in your court and I think I always shall no matter how much the North begins to feel like home. I miss you greatly and I to look forward to your letters. Even the ones that come to Marie in reguards to stately matters I read. And always I keep with me the jeweled pendant you gave me, your likeness hidden inside.

I shall have to see you soon. Do not be surpirsed if a shadowy figure shud appear to you in the darkest of night!

Yours Always,

Nicholas
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:44 am

So thou wudst have me await a Knight among the shadows would thee my lord?

...And sometimes through the mirror blue
The knights come riding two and two.
She hath no loyal Knight and true,
The Lady of Shalott.

But in her web she still delights
To weave the mirror's magic sights,
For often through the silent nights
A funeral, with plumes and lights
And music, went to Camelot;
Or when the Moon was overhead,
Came two young lovers lately wed.
"I am half sick of shadows," said
The Lady of Shalott...

Last edited by Elizabeth Tudor on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:45 am

Dearest Bess,

It is not my intention to rise in rebellion against Marie, I love her dearly, And I have faith in her that she will do right by her subjects and Country. Oh Bess I am finding it hard to demand her respect and not be some toy or puppet upon a throne and at the same time keep my proper place. I know nothing of being a King, but if I shud be one I wuld be a good one. I want to help her and support her but with out loosing myself. I do hope that’s makes sense, you always do know what is in my heart. Oh but I have so much to learn.

Your Mother has told me of this Charles V. I trust him not with you. But I trust no one when it comes to your safety and happiness. But I trust you and know that you choose your company well. I am glad he hath given you some better companionship at your court. It seems that I am now surrounded by screaming and scheming Queens as well so I fear your pain.

Yours,

Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:51 am

Elizabeth Tudor wrote:
So though wudst have me await a Knight among the shadows my lord?

...And sometimes through the mirror blue
The knights come riding two and two.
She hath no loyal Knight and true,
The Lady of Shalott.

But in her web she still delights
To weave the mirror's magic sights,
For often through the silent nights
A funeral, with plumes and lights
And music, went to Camelot;
Or when the Moon was overhead,
Came two young lovers lately wed.
"I am half sick of shadows," said
The Lady of Shalott...

Dearest Bess,

I shall always be your loyal Knight and true.

Always.

Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:00 am

My dearest Nicholas,

I know well how it is to be the centre of a dangerous plot with no knowledge or control over it's existance. I remember well how death breathed heavy down my neck over such things which were neither my doing nor my wish.

All that ever kept me safe was my own innosence, the loyalty towards me by the people of England and always having my wits about me. Alas many of mine dear friends didst not fare so well and are long gone by the axe, the rope or the flame.

If tou didst ever get thineself involved in such things no-one could save thee. Not Marie, not myself. So beware my lord and tread most carefully.

You Marie knows well the dangers too, though she doth oft play with fire and insite these plots by her own hand. I hope your influnce will stop such things.

I know not how to advise thee how to share a throne alongside one who must have power over you. Twas not something I was born to do and I escaped marriage as a Princess to prevent it. My Lord Robert Dudley didst oft seek the task himself, sharing my throne of course. So perhaps thou shudst seek council with him.

As for Charles, I know well the dangers of consorting with foreign princes who canst turn upon me as instantly as I can upon them. However, he ist a wise and noble King and doth have great wiisdom upon his side. I trust that and his good rule afore all else.

Yours,
Bess. x

Last edited by Elizabeth Tudor on Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:02 am

screaming and scheming Queens

I like that well my lord, twud oft well describe both our courts I think.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:04 am

EVERY court I shud think! I often wonder if I shud have stayed under ground *laughs*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:41 am

Oh my lord Nicholas,

I would have thee share in my joy.

I canst hardly believe it!

I am to marry a pirate of mine very own! And have a tropical island or a small realm in Italy! I cannot decide which. Or maybe I canst have both if I find suitably fine English husband for Charles's niece.

Hurrah!

Bess. x
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:07 pm

My Dear Bess,

It pleases me greatly to hear of your happiness. But I wuld know of this pirate who prominses thou islands and lands in Italy. Are you quite sure he is respectable? Worhty of you? Will treat you well?

I know your judgement well and I shud not say such things I know. I do not wish to be a kill joy, I am happy for you really. Nothing wuld please me more than for you to find the happiness that you seek. I wuld have you marry someone you can love and will love you and not solely enter into a marriage of state. I hope this Pirate of yours matchs in all regards.

I do worry for you, I can not help myself. I shud like to meet this man if I may. I promise to behave.

Yours,

Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Nicholas,

my excitement didst run away with me a little in mine last letter. We are thus far only in negotiations but tis indeed the most promising offer mine heart hath ever recieved. I wonder why not such a man were presented to me earlier?

He ist the son of our present visitor Charles, though not legitimate issue via his Queen. His father ist most fond of him and will endow him with great lands so I see not any trouble with his parenthood.

As the half brother of Philip of Spain and issue of the Holy Roman Emperor he ist quite suitable for a marriage of state. But he ist also a great sea fairer and wild and passionate of heart and soul by all accounts so he seems quite mine equal in that respect.

I have yet to have him visit my court as his father would delay while we find suitable match for his niece Christina of Milan. But twud please me to have thine opinion of him upon our first meeting if thou wish to attend me?

...however my lord, I would warn thou tread more carefully than my lord Robert Dudley didst upon my courtship with the Duc D'Anjou! I care not for jealous married ex suitors inciting my anger in front of mine new favourites.

Bess. x
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Dear Bess,

I wuldst be most honored and delighted to attend you on your first meeting. I pledge to give my honest opinion of him untainted by any jealousy. For jealous I shall be I feel sure. But I wuldst not let such useless and petty emotions interefere in performing my service to you. Give me the time and I shall be there.

But do understand my friend that I will not be shy in informing you of any faults I see in this match. Though I shall only do so at such time as when we can disscuss the matter privately.

Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Sir,

I see fit to have you attend my court sooner.

Against my firm warnings, your betrothed ist staking her claim upon one who didst recent express wish to marry her.

I have concern she wudst find foul way to sever the contract that hath been formed between you. As she knows your secret I am concerned she may actually take to her books for once and find way to cause thee harm.

Good Charles would see fit to match you with one of his kin if thou wishest a good wife and canst prove a worthy match my lord.

Bess. x
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Bess,

I shall be in your court immeadatly though I shud like to keep my presence there a secret in light of this grave news. I shall call upon you in your private chambers if it wuld not offend thee for me to do so.

Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 pm

The secret passageway that doth lead direct from mine chambers to outside the palace walls for mine own safe escape shudst I ever need it is at your disposal sir.

Thou knowest how to find it and wilt be seen by none but my loyal ladies of the bedchamber, for none are allowed into that room without my bidding.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:28 am

To her Majesty Queen Elizabeth

Your jest was not amuseing, not in the least.

Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:45 am

My lord of Pembroke

I am sorry to offend thee, but the behaviour of late at the Scottish court is known for it's sickly tendancies thoughout Europe and ist making you a laughing stock.

I myself have been nauseated so many times by Walsingham's daily reports of your court each morning that the whole court thinks me with child!

I would not have our good visitor to these shores throw up into his nice hat.

May I suggest you marry the lady with great haste and get past this public honeymooning period afore the malady doth spread.

Eliz R.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:55 am

Bess

I am well aware of our repetation as of late. I have ben taking great lengths to ensure that our court is no longer viewed in this manner. Tis not easy believe me.

By your act you hath only enforced the image I am trying hard to counter. Charles V hath come to our court and seemed to be unawares of any rumors concerning our court. But now he doth thanks to your cruel prank.

Between trying to clear my good name, bring some class to our court, and keeping Your Mother and Marie from riping each other part I dare say I shall go mad before Marie and I ever have a chance to wed!

And now you, my best and dearest friend adds insult to injury.

Tis all pointless isnt it.

Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:11 am

My lord Marquis of Pembroke,

I thought you made of much stronger stuff than this and had thought my little jest may insite you into taking full control of your court. I see I hath hit a nerve instead of getting the result I intended. If I hath caused thee full offence my lord I am full of regret for that and shall take great meaure never to let it happen again.

However I wudst warn thee sir that directing thine anger at the court you have created at my feet is not the most wise decision. I wudst have thou press upon matters of state or take control of your wife in a more British and courtly manner instead.

Aye she ist Queen and can control matters of state in her own land. But as she ist not oft doing such your court is but a household and you are it's master. The attendancies of Royal dignataries upon you is most unsusual for a small and powerless realm such as Scotland, I would suggest they be treated to more than a floor show of your love making.

For now I shalt take great care to direct my jests upon my ministers instead. I find them more roused by my games.

Elizabeth R.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:28 am

My Dear Bess,

I do apologize most humbly for my anger and my outbusrt. You did indeed strike a nerve but normally I am more resistant to offense. Perhaps if my mind were not so troubled with other matters I would have found the humor and more important meaning in your jest.

I am trying so hard Bess to do as you say. But how can I take control of one so firey and passionate. I am doing my best, I hope to bring some class and decorum to our household. Likewise I am trying to rebuild my sorted repetation. I think I must be making some good effort for your Mother has been very kind to me as of late which pleases me greatly. She hath even said she would be nicer to Marie in order to pleae me. Can you belive it!

Oh but my mind keeps returning to this Duke you spoke of. I suppose my beloved has not yet given any other indication of her intentions?

All of this is so .... exhausting.

Alas I have kept you long enough with my whineing. Please except my apologee my dear friend and do not hold my ill temperment against me.

Yours
Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:41 am

My lord of Pembroke,

thank thee for thine correspondance.

I shall see fit to inform you of any indication of Marie's intent.

Until then my lord I wudst have thee keep up thine good work at keeping a good neighbouring court.

Elizabeth R.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:22 am

My lord of Pembroke,

news hath reached me that thou art proving good host to his Imperial Majesty and teaching mine mother to hold her wicked tongue.

Most impressive indeed.

If this keeps up I may see fit to grace you with a royal visit of mine own one day.

Eliz. R
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:33 am

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth I

Your presence in my court wuld please me greatly. It saddens me that you do not feel welcome here, though I do understand.

The Imperal Emperor is a most impressive man. I do enjoy hearing him speak. He is somewhat dry and serious but a wise and intelligent man indeed. And how his eyes sparkle when he speaks of his dear Isabelle. Ah True love.

Your Mother amuses me greatly and I feel sure it is not I that has caused her to curb her wicked tounge. I know not what it is or how long it will last. I am quite sure Marie will get to her in the end and the peaceful reprieve will come to a crashing end. Truth be told I almost miss her gibs, but do not tell Marie!

I will keep you no longer but only thank you for the kind compliment, it means much to me.

Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:19 pm

My Dearest Bess,

I write to you personally on this matter so as not to arise suspicion or attention with in our realms.

My darling Marie has fallen most ill and taken to her bed. Tis all my fault, I am terrified I shall lose her.

Lady Woodville is here and seeing to her health which I am most grateful for. But I fear my sweet Marie's enemies wuldst take this uncertain time to lay any evil plots agianst her or her realm. I must protect her and this realm. I beg for your council and help. I am in uncertain territory and desprately need a friend that I can trust.

Yours,

Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:13 am

My dear Marquis of Pembroke,

how goes it in Scotland? I am most worried for thee since leaving thine court. I am told Marie hath made a full recovery of her health but alas her mind and her soul seem to returning to their old ways. I am full worried for thee and cannot rest my mind upon the matter. In addition, there ist no sign or correspondance from the emmisary Marie didst promise to my court from Scotland in the form of your brother. Hence I think he must still be with thee and causing thee great harm.

Truth be told I do miss thee greatly and all the news I hear of your dealings with my cousin maketh matters far worse. I cannot hold back any longer, I must speak the truth. I didst not release thee from mine presance and mine heart to serve as the unwed cuckold of Marie of Scotland. I didst wish the hence to Scotland thinking that a happy match wudst gladden thine heart and so release me from mine own heart's wishes.

If thou wudst see fit to provide me with some glimmer of hope than thine future with Marie looks secure and happy it would ease the burden upon me. Or else, if all is destruction around thee, I beg thee come home to England and let me find way to release thee from thine unhappy contract.

Eliz R.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:12 am

My Dearest Bess,

I can not tell you how much word from you has eased my burdened heart. I humbly ask for your forgiveness for not sending any word of my well being sooner. Things here have been strained, but I am well as I can be. Richard is indeed still with us though I do hope that shall be corrected shortly. I have urged Marie to send him, as ambassador, to your court for a time. You had mentioned doing so before so I do hope I hath not over-stepped and the offer still stands. I should think Marie will be in touch soon with word on arrangements.

You wuldst speak to me of your hearts wishes? What were those wishes my dearest Bess? Before I left your court I did offer thee mine heart, only to be rebuked. I did understand then but now I see thee wuldst wed another instead? Perhaps I should not ask for answers to pointless questions? Do not mistake me I harbor no ill feelings toward you my dearest friend, I sincerely wish thee all happiness. Juan seems most suited to thee.

It pleases me to inform you that Marie has indeed recovered. Though the rumors you hear are not entirely founded, Marie is not the villain some wuldst make her out to be. She does what she feels she must whether it be right or wrong. She and I have had troubles, mostly brought on by my brother, but the fault lays in both our hands, not hers alone I assure thee. I do not understand how we love each other so deeply and hurt each other time and again. But I love her, and I still intend to marry her, and I am happy, so worry not for me.

Thank you my friend, for your offer of help and your always faithful support. It eases mine mind greatly to know that you are always on my side. And that I shall always have a home in your court. Know that if I find myself in need of it I shall return to you.

Your devoted friend,
Nicholas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R   Private Correspondance to  Elizabeth R - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private Correspondance to Elizabeth R
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2