Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

Location : Yuste, Spain; in the household of the Holy Roman Empress; formerly, York Castle, England.

Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie Empty
PostSubject: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 3:59 am

*Lord James looks up from his position in the stables. He has just been out riding on his gelding pony*

Good boy *He stroke the mule's nose and gives it a scratch behind the ears*

*Lord James looks to the sky, where large clouds are building* I Had best get back inside, Catherine would kill me should I drown out here *He begins walking back to the castle. The clouds, in the sky above shake with the force of the thunder and lightning which blasts through the sky. The heavens open and it begins raining, emptying over anyone whom should be caught outside, this includes Lord James, the Duke of York, son of Henry VIII and Katherine Howard, the marriage was declared null and void and he was born in the tower while his mother was awaiting her exeuction*

*James finally reaches the castle and knocks on the door awaiting entrance*
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:04 pm

Ah, you have been out in the rain, my Lordly brother. Tis good that I had found you so swiftly! Pity the poor woman who marries to you, for she will grace herself a fair handful! haha!
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

Location : Yuste, Spain; in the household of the Holy Roman Empress; formerly, York Castle, England.

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:06 pm

I do pity the woman that I marry, especially since I am in line for the throne, certain standards have to be reached... I still have to find you a marriage Kathryn...

Now, May I come in?

It is cold out here and I would like to dry off
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Oh I imagine so! If you must, dear brother. DO try not to scandalize the scullery without me!
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:17 pm

*Gasps* Oh! Kathryn!

I will not scandalize the scullery! Being a kings son, despite being illigitimate, I was raised with more manners than that

Now, are you enjoying yourself?

*Slips of his cloak, revealing his slightly plump frame and hangs it over the hat stand, before picking up a towel and drying himself with it, keeping certain areas covered*

Now, where was I?

Oh, that's right

Have you got a quill and parchment I can borrow?
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Oh surely yes! Do I ever go hither without my quill! One should hope not, lest I be married to a barn door!

Thy liveries are quite fetching; you might wear them more often to attract the ladies!
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:24 pm

*Blushes*

Kathryn, thou embarasses thee!

*Takes Quill and prahcment from Kathryn and writes a letter, finishing it off with a quick flurry, which makes up his signature*

Thanks, I needed to write a letter, to my sister, Elizabeth
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Ah, may I inquire, brother mine, as to the content? I am ever so bored here. There is nothing to allay my curiosity, save the menfolk, as the poor commons say, and I dare not save them, lest they put hands upon my winnowing basket. For the sake of the world, I pray the husband found for me is fair and just in all things woman.

I have been lax in my studies... and am treacherous at sewing if the mood doth strike me so. HOw went thy ride?
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 pm

The contents of my letter?

My letter to Elizabeth was inquiring on her health, how Edward and Mary are, how father is and if she has any suggestions for a marriage for you

My ride was quite enjoyable, Kathryn, would you care to join me for another? I was just on my way for another
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Oh! One would be ever so grateful! Oh thank you brother mine! I was keeping my riding things readied on the chance thou mightest inquire!

Brown is so drab; I chose burgundy! likest the cut? Tis modest, and matches thy garb. And I daresay the folds are done justice by my horse, Dragonne.
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:38 pm

I am always ready for a ride

(OOC: That means out of character: If you want to show action put it in * * like that a star at either end)

Now, dear sister on mine, I am ready when you are *moves to the door and collects his cloak, ready to ride*

*Holds out his arm ready for Kathryn to take*
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:42 pm

*Hooks her arm in the crook of her brother's elbow*

Ah, James! We shall have a merrye tyme of it, shall we not? Taking in the countryside... HAve you a Lady in mind for yourself? I would be glad to assist you in your own search , if you were so inclined.

Off we go then!
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:50 pm

I am afraid, my dear sister, I do not have a lady in mind for myself, I am content to be single for now.... Once I have my writing career set up, then perhaps I will settle down, but only then

So far, no-one has taken my interest *leads Kathryn to the stables* Do take your pick of the horses. the golden gelding pony is mine
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Ah, tis a pity. I have forgotten... tis easy to forget. DO you prefer gentlemen then? WEll in any case, I am rambling, and I imagine oyu must be tired of my racy inquiry; I just cannot seem to keep my poor mouth shut- today!

And, a writing career! So much the better! YOu will do great works, I think, to follow that path.

I believe I shall take the black mare to-day, brother mine. My moods turn as a wheel on a cart, and this horse I have chosen fits it.

*looks at her never used crop, then slides her foot into the stirrup and rises on horseback*

I was never one to strike an animal, except in mutual fun. How is the black for bolting?
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:06 pm

The black is good for bolting

I am interested in woman, it is merely because I am young, and most people here are married...

*Climbs on to his golden gelding pony and leans down whispering in it's ear, only the words Beat...Kathryn... carrot... can be heard by Kathryn* James opens the door to the stable and is off, without any warning to Kathryn*

Try to catch me, dear sister! Ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:08 pm

OH! a merrye chase ye shall have, brother mine!

*gees up her dark mare and goes quite after him*

We shall see who fits the gallop, this fine day, sweet James of York!
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 pm

*Calls back to his sister, in everything but blood*
Do try and keep up Kathryn!!

*He smiles and spires his horse on, jumping over a fence, before reigning his horse to a stop. He slides off of his horse, spreads his cape out and is lying, on his cape, with his left leg crossed over his right, covered in suncream. He is waiting for Kathryn to arrive*
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Haha! Wild fun, my brother!

Do think on the fact that I may just be toying with you! I do love horses, after all!

*slides off her lovely dark mare and lands, gently, on booted feet.*

THat was rather remarkable! Oh I could live in that moment, dear brother. Waht of you? How does it make you feel, to ride a horse? I love them so... sometimes I feel ashamed, to mount such a heavenly creature...

*pats her good dark girl and kisses her snout, looking at her lovingly*
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 pm

*James is still lying on the floor* Sometimes I too feel ashamed to mount them... however, I have had years of riding practice, along with my sister, Elizabeth, despite the two of us being bastards

If I do remember rightly, Elizabeth is betrothed to Don Juan

*James then remembers something* Talking of family, do keep your 'behind' away from Henry VIII, my father, as he will, highly likely, pinch it as he does with Marie Staurt's 'behind'...I thought I would give you some warning first.

Now, come, take a seat *He pats the cloak next to him* Give the horses, and me, and chance to recover
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:55 pm

Ah, I am glad you feel as I do, sweet James. They have such a look of existence about them.

*dusts behind with a giggle and does as her brother asks*

Never let it be said that I was ashamed of mine own way. No one knows quite what to make of the Lady Lucie, and she enjoys that freedom. But, kind faces are always welcome, and will ever be returned. You, brother dear, are one of a kind!
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:03 am

I am glad that I am one of a kind, Kathryn.

My father, if he can be called father, and not walking blob, would potentially aspire to make you his next wife. However, Catherine Parr is here as is Anne Boleyn and Anne of Cleves and Jane Seymour, but none of them have been on for a long time, except Catherine Parr, she has been here recently

I think we are on the same time scale as each other

What is your view on hunting? I do enjoy a good hunt *James says this while tying the horses to the fence by their reigns and while putting an unbrella up to block the sunlight from he and his lady*

Tere we are, my pretty Lady. I doeth deteste sun burn, I see why Nicholas stays out of the sunlight. He is a vampire, and was, for a time, married to the Scottish Queen, until her first husband returned.
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 am

As do I enjoy it. Still, my heart weeps to see a creature needlessly taken for sport. But oh, I do love game! I am a hypocrite, brother mine.

A wurdulak, you say? Then surely he would drink of my neck, for I do love the things I love too deeply. Is he a kind one, this Nicholas? Well and agile of mind?
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:24 am

Nicholas, is a kind one, well and agile of mind, but is unable to come outside in very strong sunlight...

Despite that he is the Duke of Albany and The Marquis of Pembroke, titles bestowed to powerful people...

He is, however, able to listen to everything when he is around

Also, I would not let Elizabeth here you mention the Doctor. Should she hear you mention him, you will likely lose your incredibly pretty head
Back to top Go down
Catherine Lucie

Catherine Lucie

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:35 am

Hee! Doubtless my good friend Thete would not appreciate my losing my head in the matter.

Are you tired, dear brother?

This Nicholas sounds engaging! I rather think I may appreciate him. Or, is he taken, mayhap?
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:45 am

I am not tired, I am shattered, my lady

I have not been sleeping well... *James trails off*

Thete would not appreciateyou losing your head would he?

However, should he arrive ack here between 1559 and 1603 he will incredibly likely be executed and lose his head, as would you for being his acquaintance... I would not, I am in line for the throne, despite being illigitimate, Elizabeth cannot have me beheaded, but if I was to protest against yours I would lose my head too

Nicholas, as far as I know, eince the French king's return, is free and not currently taken, My lady

Once Catherine Parr returns mayhaps we will find a place for you at court. Or mayhaps we could find a place for you in the young Ferdinandito's house... he needs more ladies in waitings....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie   Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private correspondance between Lord James and Lady Catherine Lucie
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next