Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Letter to the Emperor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

Letter to the Emperor Empty
PostSubject: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:42 am

*Nicholas waits in his guest chambers and pens a short missive which reads ... *

Your Grace,

I have a matter of utmost importance I must speak discuss with you. I do hate to trouble you but I have no where else to turn and in some measure it doth effect you as well. My page can direct you to my where abouts or deliver a reply if you are so kind as to comply.

Yours,

Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

*He folds the letter and signs it with his seal and sends young Geoffrey off to deliver it only when he finds the Emperor with company.*
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:54 am

*a page of the Emperor's, a Hungarian, delivers the reply.*
It is no trouble to speak with you, my good Sir Nicholas. I shall excuse myself from the list fields shortly, and send this lad to fetch you to me.
- C. I. etc
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:56 am

*Nicholas sighs in relief*

*To the Hungarian* Please thank his Grace and assure him I shall be waiting.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:01 am

*the page looks at Sir Nicholas quizzically, replies with something in what might be German, and leaves*
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:04 am

(OOC: no speaky English ? heheheh)
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:33 am

*the Hungarian boy returns, handing over another letter*
Ladislaus here will bring you to the library.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:35 am

*Nicholas reads the missive and motions to the man to lead the way, not trrying to speak this time.*

*Once he arrives Nicholas enters and bows to the Emperor.* Thank you for seeing me your Grace ... may we speak freely here?
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:38 am

Of course. Ladislaus will watch the door. Sit, and tell me what you need.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:48 am

*Nicholas bows and nods his thanks*

I fear I may have summoned you prematurely, I may have disfussed the situation.

*chews his bottom lip* I am not versed in the ways of politics and I had wished to seek your council. To be honest I feel I am in a very precarious situation and I feel that there are few I can trust, I count you amoung them.

I recieved a letter today from my wi ... the Queen of Scots. In it she demanded that I apologize in public for accepting your gifts or it would be concidered an act of war against France. Even now I fear if it was known that I were seeking your council ....

I sent a letter in return to her and explained my acceptance was not meant to proclaim any ill will towards France and that seemed to suffice ...

*sighs heavily* I feel I have become a pawn in a political game when I all I wish for is to hold on to my wife.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:53 am

Hrm.
Well, a man does not last at all long in my place without considering all possible results of his actions. This is a decision only you can make, and I will understand if you feel you must turn down the titles and the land. The Fleece, though- that is another thing. By law there are only allowed to be fifty Knights, apart from me.

As to Marie, I do believe she loves you, but she wishes the greater glory of remaining Queen of France. I admit I would much prefer she be your wife than to graft herself to the diseased tree that is this grandson of Francis I, but I can fully understand her dynastic and political thought.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:05 am

*Says imeadately and with out hesitation* I have no intention of turning down your gifts, particularly the Fleece. That thought never crossed my mind *smiles* Though your understanding means a great deal. As do your words, I know Marie loves me, but next to th crown of France what am I? I do not blame her, and truly hope she will be happy if she chooses him.

My fear, and reason for summoning you,was that she would call me before parliment to apologize publicly and I wished not to endanger my delicate situation any more than it already is and also did not want to inadvertenly disrepect you or your generosity in any way if I were forced to parliment. But as I said I think my letter may have diffused the situation.

But still I think there may be more trouble to come. *frowns*

But you are right, I shall have to see all possible outcomes and try to make the right choices. Thank you, you are very wise as well as kind.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:06 am

Of course, of course. Although, *grinning* one does not summon an emperor.
I think, perhaps, it will be best not too keep your gifts secret. What is public is harder to use as a weapon.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:14 am

*blushes with shame at his mistake* of course one does not ... I did not mean summon in thayt fashion ... Forgive me. *then chuckles slightly* see how pathetic I am at politics and diplomacy.

You are right of course, and It was not my intent to keep it secret, I only had not had a chance to tell her ... infact I was quite looking forward to shareing my happiness with her.

*frowns* How quickly things can change.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:17 am

Excellent, then! And, do not apologize- I was teasing.
*stands*
And now, I must return to my guests.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:19 am

Of course *rises from his seat and bows* And thank you again ... for everything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter to the Emperor   Letter to the Emperor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter to the Emperor
Page 1 of 1