Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?
Royals Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Water Pageant

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

The Water Pageant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:04 pm

*Elizabeth smiles, but tis with some sadness*

Tis great comfort to hear thee say as such my lord. The good rule of my loyal subjects is more dear to me than any other wish in all Christendom. I learnt early on that my own fierce wills and needs were to be put aside for this. Tis God's will that I rule this realm and I wilt do it to the best of my abilities. I know it would also settle the minds of mine subjects to know I will still be true regent in a marriage. Alas thine brother's rule didst not sit well upon mine good Protestant subjects and they naturally hath fear of a return to the misfortunes of my sister's reign.

However... I myself see great things in thee my lord and would wish such things to be slowly brought to the attentions of mine subjects, so as to earn their respect and love.

I admit I hath left England's command of the seas in the hands of those a little wild and wreckless. The sea to me is a realm of exciting adventure and I hath in the past given ships to those who bring back the best stories to delight mine untravelled mind, and who wudst defend their Queen's honour abroad in most unchivalrous manner. If it please thee I would have thee build an English fleet worthy enough that mine own father would be proud of it. ...and to teach the likes of Masters Raleigh and Drake to be a little more diplomatic with thine brother's agents abroad. Though their wreckless, youthful and most entertaining victories hath delighted me in the past I see tis a folly in comparison with what you hath achieved.

As a Queen I hath little interest in the capture of new regions to govern and hath not travelled so do not know what good I may do abroad. Such things are within thine knowledge and so if our union is to go ahead it would please me to place thee in mine council as regards such matters. Evidence shows that you have an intelligent mind my lord as to the ways of government, and once tis proven to mine council and mine subjects that thine role as admiral ist most fortuitous I feel they would be more accepting of thee as advisor to my good self.

Last edited by Elizabeth Tudor on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:14 pm

On the ways of rule and diplomacy I am full at ease and wilt always fight for control of them. However...

*Elizabeth becomes a little uneasy and embarrassed and doth look down to toy with the respelendant fan in her hand*

...I am not versed at all in the ways of a wife. No one has seen fit to train me as thus. While other Princesses were trained for motherhood and to be the marriage pawn in some distant realm I was indulged with tutors fit for a future King. The wives of mine father were despatched with such speed I had little chance to learn of their ways and feel that perhaps if they were better wives they may have lasted longer. In some ways my lady Parr didst teach me the ways of an Admiral's wife I suppose.

*Elizabeth stops fidgeting and pulls herself together to look as a Queen should, and to regard him with strength as an equal*

What I mean to ask my lord is... what is expected of me? How doth thee envisage this working betwixt us? And how wilt we manage the curious state of thee being the Master in the marriage but me being Regent in the realm?

Last edited by Elizabeth Tudor on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 pm

Madame, if you gave the order I would build you a fleet tomorrow, with my own two hands, and sail it to the ends of the world and back and destroy all those who would stand against us! *said with almost boyish enthusiasm, Juan looking even younger than his years*
As to your question...
*For a moment, Juan seems very interested in his shoes*
You know who was my father and who was not my mother, which has put me in a strange place, neither truly a part of my family nor apart from it. My father and brother wanted me to take a life of religion, but it does not suit and I could not do it. Which of course is why I am here in England. What is expected of you? In truth I know not. I never expected to be permitted to pay court to one so lofty as your good self. How should a Queen and an Emperor's bastard son comport themselves? I know of no precedent! I know the duty of a wife is to submit and to bear children, but that first part seems like no kind of challenge for me at all, and I do enjoy a challenge- although such is the way God ordered things.
Thinking further, I recall the marriage of my great-grandparents of Spain, and Ferdinand in his realm and Isabella in hers, monta tanta tanta monta- as one as the other. I would be your partner, your strong right arm... and regent in the lands my father has promised me as gift upon our marriage.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:17 pm

*Elizabeth claps her hands with delight at the words of a fine English fleet, something she hath longed dreamed of. Her smile continues with the rest of his words.*

That sounds most suitable a course of action my lord, and fine comparison to draw upon. The union of Ferdinand and Isabella was a great moment in history indeed. ...and I would have thee recall that thou art true descendant of them and son of the Holy Roman Emperor.

The making of a man is not the circumstance of his birth but the way he doth make best of what ist given to him. You seem to have inherited the mind and tactics of thine father and the culture of thine mother without the regal arrogance inherited by natural born Princes. I believe the Spanish royal family think of thee as his Majesty's beloved brother... was it not he who re-named thee Juan?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 pm

*smiling*
Indeed it was, my lady- before I was known as Jeronimo, Jerome in your language, a favorite saint of my father's. His Majesty does acknowledge me as his own brother, but I am not an infante of Spain, and in processions I go behind my brother, sisters, and their children, though before the grandes.
*quietly*
I do believe Felipe sees me as something of a threat... He is, you know, more interested in scholarly than martial pursuits, and I am more popular with the army than he. But I have no designs on his throne! I would never!

It would be nice, though, to have a defined place, a purpose, a few acres of land of my own, held for myself, Juan de Austria.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:14 am

*laughs* then I do dread to think how much thine brother wilt be muttering to himself over his father's decision to place us together as I believe he sees me as some form of threat... or perhaps just some irritant that has thus far refused to bow to his command.

As mine husband you would walk aside me my lord, and abroad they should treat thee as the highest representative of England. I would expect as such that you would be most honoured at thine brothers court and would walk aside him as Royal guest. Twud please both myself and thine father - and perhaps set thine brother's mind at rest - were thee to have the lands and purpose thou desirest. I would wish thee to speak openly with me of thine dreams and desires my lord, as we are to be equals in soul if not in earthly status. And whatever happens I would have thee as a friend.

...so long as thine desires to capture and escape with mine cousin are now forgot of course. If it doth not displease thee I would have thee speak openly of what moved thee to plan such things. Twud settle my mind greatly to hear it, for then I may understand and apply my logic to thine actions to ensure we never cross swords over Marie.

*Elizabeth doth reach out and take gentle hold of his hand*

Do not fear to tell me my lord, for I hath asked thee to do so. Tis in the past now, but if I know not what moved thee to such actions I cannot avoid us coming to cross purpose. As long as thou art plain and respectful in thine word there is naught to worry of.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:56 am

Ah, that. Well.

Imagine yourself a young man, raised on tales of knighthood and chivalry, and knowing yourself of royal blood but without a throne. Imagine too that there exists a queen held in captivity, and furthermore one who was one of the great beauties of her day. And imagine you are the sort of man who likes to do risky things, to dare, to take chances. What better way to combine all that you enjoy and desire in one venture than to rescue the captive queen and marry her? Such was my fancy at the time, but that time has past and a better one has come.
*wraps his hand gently around Elizabeth's*
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:50 pm

*Elizabeth smiles genuinely and with affection, covering his hand with her other*

Tis a noble fancy indeed my lord, but alas, life ist not as enchanting as a fairytale. It seems you have a mind to conjure up such chivalrous romance and fancy, and it would please me much to have thee share such thoughts for my mind hath never been capable of such. It sounds enchantingly possible upon thine lips but twas never so true in mine own mind.

*Elizabeth tries to recall her youth and such tales as were told to her back then*

Mine father didst revel in the tales of Camelot and King Arthur. He didst wish to build a most spectacular court of chivalry and culture that would be the envy of Europe and the mirror of such legends. I myself saw the tale as one of a good and worthy King betrayed by his lady and his dearest friend and it did naught but sadden me. I found the only pleasure in it being the good deeds the King didst do for the wellbeing of his realm and subjects.

When I myself was the Princess in the Tower I didst try to recall tales of gallant knights who might come to mine rescue, but such fancies were no comfort. I was imprisoned in a fortress more secure than any guarded by a dragon, mine captor was not some wicked witch but mine own beloved sister, and my greatest fear was not of living my life alone there for all eternity but the way the axe didst seem to lay closer and closer to mine sleeping head each night.

In the end I found I did not wish for gallant rescuers to break me free for men who didst attempt such were but fools who would place my head closer to the axe and themselves in tortured captivity so close to mine own. Mine only rescuer could be myself through my determined innocence... and thine brother didst play his part too, though his rescue didst turn sour when I realised he wished for my hand instead of that of his wife my sister.

So you see my lord, I have no head for such happy fantasy and so I love to hear the tales told by those who do believe in them and can fill the stories with light instead of shadows.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 2:56 am

It's a matter, I think, of my choosing to see these things as positive, as an opportunity to strive, to make myself better than what I was born. For what it is worth, I have no doubt I would have planned to- and rescued- you, my lady, had I but had the chance.

As for my brother, well. I think thine sister would have been better matched with my father, than with Felipe.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:19 am

Well I for one am glad you didst not, for then I would surely not have the pleasure of getting to know thee now. I believe that mine royal fortress The Tower ist the most secure in all of Christendom and canst be quite the place of terror for those kept within it's confines. However I find it full suited and well presented at the times I must use it for mine own apartments.

*Elizabeth sighs sadly*

I do not think any foreign price suited for my sister, unless mine brother had remained King and she was free to leave this realm. Oh how she didst pine when thine brother was away. The wailing and the begging for his speedy return whenst he didst leave. Twas most unbefitting behaviour for a Queen and how her maids didst not throw water over her to bring her to her senses I know not. I didst find it full vexed me and was glad to be away from most of it.

Thine father didst find good match in the Empress in that they were suited in status, mind and spirit. He seems to appreciate that her loving support hath contributed to his great rule. I think perhaps the happiness he didst find in marriage ist the reason he ist so very skilled at matchmaking. I do believe he is the first to consider mine own wishes as a woman in finding suitable match.

...and what of thee my lord? Does thine presance here keep thee from some fine lady abroad? I would not wish thine father's suggestion of thee to keep thee from thine own path.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:35 am

*peers at the tower in the distance, contemplating, then murmurs under his breath...*
I can think of three ways to take that thing...
*louder*
Well, do you know for sure her maids did not douse her with cold water? I do not understand this effect of my brother's on women. His French wife was besotted with him, too. As for me, well, I cannot say I have lived a chase life, but have no lady aside from yourself, my lady.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 am

I also am full confused of thine brother's effect on women. Another reason why I do vex him so... and though I hath no delight in his advances I must admit I do enjoy to torment him just a little. Ist that wicked of me?

*Elizabeth laughs*

Unlike mine sister who didst deplore the idea of thine brother's wicked ways I do not see things quite as such. What need have I of a chaste man my lord? I am a woman of learning and as such there is no place for those who do not know what they are doing in the task they are chosen for!

*laughs*

Ah now, you see I am not the truly righteous female I am oft portrayed as. I am the true daughter of King Harry and Anne Boleyn and though I do try to let mine mind rule over me, there are times when the mind canst not see the harm in little indulgences.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:39 am

Indeed, my lady- life is for living, for it may be taken from us at any moment, as the good lord decides. Also, I have long felt that Felipe enjoys his little troubles, as a sign of...something. Honestly, sometimes I am not too terribly sure what the man is about, with his papers and his little rooms.

But! I believe I was told there would be musicians and dancing, my lady?
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:51 am

Indeed my lord. We hath waited long enough for the rest of the court to appear. I say we set off without them and they may catch us up!

*Elizabeth peers over the edge of the boat and along the river*

I do believe there ist wine and a vast array of different european delicacies to be had when we do reach that bridge up ahead. And then beyond there ist place for dancing and pageantry.

Shall we "set sail" my lord?

Perhaps you would do me the honour of getting mine river fleet in some kind of order my lord for they do dally too much under the control of Master Raleigh. Methinks some proper orders would have us to the food and merriment in no time.

I myself shall go find some suitably safe place to seat mine good cousin who doth not travel well even upon these calm waters.
Back to top Go down
Charles V
Holy Roman Emperor
Charles V

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:14 am

A servant appears bearing letters for Elizabeth and Juan.
My dearest daughter Elizabeth,
I have received word from Spain that the Empress's time of travail draws near, and I have therefore resolved to travel thence with all possible speed. I wish you the best of luck, and shall hopefully return to court soon, bringing with me Her Majesty and a new little Archduke or Archduchess to show off.
Yours as always,
Carolus Imperator

To my son,
Do be careful.
Your loving father,
Carolus Imperator
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:20 am

Will your captains understand me? I speak rather poor English still, though I am learning.
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:02 am

I am embarrassed to say my lord that mine Captains hath a full understanding of Spanish due to their rather wreckless games with thine brother's fleets.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:26 am

*After waving to the crowds and speaking to some of Elizabeth's Catholic nobles, Marie comes back to Elizabeth and Juan. She has heard her name mentioned and worries of what Elizabeth has been saying, but uses all of her charm and French Princess training to act nonchalant*.

*Turns to look at Elizabeth and Juan*. It does me much good to see you two as such. May I sit, dearest cousin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:38 am

Please do sit with me cousin. Don Juan is to have us set sail down the river in the direction of the food and dancing. I know thee think little of travel upon the water and wudst have thee safe beside me where I may ensure that thou art at ease.
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:55 am

Thank thee so much, dearest cousin. *Grabs a glass of champagne and downs it in one gulp*. So *leans forward conspiratorially*, what do you think of Don Juan?
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:12 am

*bows to the ladies, smiling*
Very well, then, Spanish it shall be. I beg forgiveness in advance, though, if my choice of words becomes a bit rough around the edges, shall we say.

*saunters over to the stern of the ship and bellows the Spanish equivalent of:*
OY YOU LOT, PUT YOUR BACKS INTO IT NOW, 'TIS TIME TO GET UNDERWAY IF I HAD ROWERS LIKE YOU AT LEPANTO MY HEAD WOULD BE ON A SPIKE IN CONSTANTINOPLE AND YOU WOULD ALL BE WEARING TURBANS!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant
Elizabeth Tudor

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:58 am

*Elizabeth roars with laughter*

Finely done indeed my lord!
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 5:35 pm

SIR WALTER! YES, I'M TALKING TO YOU! YOU THINK THAT POXY SOW OF A THING CAN CATCH UP TO US? GET A MOVE ON, MAN! ROWERS! MY GRANDMOTHER COULD DO A BETTER JOB!
Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant
Marie Stuart

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:06 pm

*Marie begins to turn red with restrained laughter and buries herself in a large tankard of something, which she promptly chokes on*.
Back to top Go down
Juan de Austria
Prince Consort
Juan de Austria

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:20 am

*Juan continues to yell creative insults at the rowers and their mothers while dancing a lively jig, with no noticeable decrease in volume or quantity of his words.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Water Pageant   The Water Pageant - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Water Pageant
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royals Reborn :: ROYALS REBORN RPG :: Kingdom Of England-
Jump to: