Royals Reborn
Is this your first time?
If you're a Royals Reborn messageboard rookie, sign up.

Been here before?

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fair is foul, and foul is fair

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:26 am

*Kisses you back, and begins fake crying*.

Remember, do not come back until I tell you!

Make you want all of her love
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/TheQueenofScots
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:29 am

Yes my love *Nicholas lingers but a moment more gazeing at her, then he disappears into the passage*

Est sularus oth mithas [My honor is my life]
Back to top Go down
http://www.nick-rhodes.webs.com
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:23 am

Correspondance from Her Majesty Elizabeth of England for the eyes of her Majesty Marie of Scotland

Dearest cousin,

it hath come to our attention that yet another of our subjects hath come to a most unsavory end within thine household.

We are also aware that our beloved Marquis of Pembroke ist missing.

In view of the recent death, the loss of protection from thine betrothed, thine presant state of impending motherhood and a possible repeat of thine fate last time under such conditions I am full concerned.

It would ease mine mind if thou were to temporarily set up household close to London where we could aid thee, or at the very least to send thine son James to us for some holiday until we are assured of his safety.

As good family to myself and heirs to the throne of England I would endeavour to do all within mine powers to keep thee safe but canst not extend my rule into thine realm.

I would propose mine father's most spectacular Nonsuch Palace in Surrey as thine temporary household. I think it fitting as a spectacular setting for thine court but have no need of it myself at present. If this pleases thee I will have my lord Burghley draw up some papers giving thee usage of the Palace as our heir.

I would also suggest a treaty betwixt us to further ensure that our close proximity to each other causes no rebellious uprisings in the name of either of us.

Your most concerned kinswoman,
Eliz R.

http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/Always_The_Same/
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:50 am

Dearest cousin, fellow Queen, and sister Monarch,

As poor as the current time may seem for reminisces, it occurs to me that during my last disaster, which so resembles mine present state, thou sent me a similar letter. A letter full of sisterly advice and good common sense, which I childishly threw away. While I could understand you leaving me to the mercies of fate after mine dismissal of thine good words, thou hast not done so, which truly warms my heart with hope for our shared future.

While I feel it would be a truly unacceptable breach of my duties as Queen to flee when there is, as of yet, no threat to my person or my realm, your offers of sanctuary for mine little boy fall on fertile ground. If thou wouldst feel comfortable letting my good son stay with his grand-mother the Countess of Lennox, we would be most well-disposed. However, I do truly feel great wariness of leaving my most prized son in the hands of my greatest enemies, Cecil and Walsingham, and I do so wish for some assurance of his safety. While I know a good Queen and cousin such as yourself would never harm my darling, how can I trust thine loyal subjects, who think of nothing but thyself?

I must warn thee cousin, please believe nothing you hear from any other but me, as there are an incredible and ever-growing lot of people who wish to sow great discord between us and we should not have it.

I agree that we shouldst draft a treaty, do you wish to have mine good counsellers draft such, or for thine even better councellers to draft it?

P.S. With my great thanks in advance, please ignore the words of the French Embassy who say as I shall have my son sent to France. If I were going to do such a thing, I would assuredly tell thee, as there would be no shame in it.

Your dearest, most loving, and thankful cousin,
Marie R.

Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:55 am

Correspondance from Her Majesty Elizabeth of England for the eyes of her Majesty Marie of Scotland

You know well enough of me now that I do always freely give my advice, and as it is mine greatest wish for peace within our kingdoms I shall always assist thee as far as you see fit to allow.

We have come a long way you and I, and tis my sincerest wish that we continue to work together against our opponents. It seems far better an idea than to let them split us apart and destroy one or other of us. They are but our lowly servants and we are Princes connected by blood.

It would suit us well to see James settle shortly with loving relation in the form of the Countess of Lennox. However, I am mindful of her occasionally meddlesome nature and would wish thee to remind her not to cause any trouble for any of us while James ist under her care. The aim ist to keep James safe, not to inspire any rebellions. It would also please me if I may send my lord the Earl of Leicester to visit them on occasion to check on thine son's arrangments and progress. He knows the good lady well and so should be no trouble to her, and canst deliver to both you and I trustworthy reports on his good health.

As far as Cecil and Walsingham are concerned, though they are forever suspicious in nature they are full in support of James and wudst never seek to cause him harm. It is in their best interests to keep him safe and well trained as a future King of our realm.

I would advise thee to inform thine councellors of thine express wishes as regards a treaty betwixt us. I shall do the same and between both sides I am assured an agreement canst be made to please us all.

Your true and loving kinswoman,
Eliz R.

Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:56 am

To my dearest cousin, Isabella Regina

These good words between us betoken great things for the future of our joint realms, and I thank you humbly for shedding light on this situation with your level-headed good advice. I shall do the same for you, if such an opportunity ever arises, with the utmost joy and willingness.

I thought that in a gesture of our new sisterly good relations, I wouldst simply tell you what I wished for in a treaty, you wouldst do the same, and we could work out the areas of contention in a slow and careful manner. Here are mine wishes:

1. My son shall be raised in England, in the home and heart of his loving grandmother until the age of 12. At which point he shall move to France and live in the home and heart of my loving grandmother, Antoinette of Guise. He shall marry a French Princess and live in France until the time should come where he must succeed to one, or both of our thrones.

2. You will stop supporting the King of Navarre (OOC: I'm not sure if that's right or not, if it isn't, you know who I"m talking about and can correct me) and his pretensions to the throne of France, and shall instead support my good cousin Henri de Guise.

3. Neither of us shall marry without the other's approval.

4. You shall cease prosecuting those who took part in the Northern Rising.

5. You shall draw up and send to Parlement an apology for imprisoning me, which you shall use all your power to make them pass.

6. You shall ban the publishing of all broadsheets, pamphlets, books, placards and other works denouncing me in such vile and filthy terms that they don't bear repeating here.

7. My son shall be granted the title "The Prince of Wales" and I shall be granted the usage of the English title "Princess" or a high ranking position similar in prestige.

Of course, I am not so naive or arrogant as to expect all of these terms to be met. But I would be delighted if as many as possible could be met in a compromise that would ensure close relations between our two Kingdoms forever.

Your dearest cousin,
Marie R.

Back to top Go down
Marie Stuart
Queen Regnant

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Private Postscript for Elizabeth, my dear cousin-

While I do not doubt your true and deep good feelings towards me, the presence of Lord James of York doth scare me half out of my skin. His continued presence there is a threat to my ambassadors, people and person and I am sorry, but I cannot allow my son to enter your realm while he remains there.

Your most apologetic cousin but still more devoted mother,
Marie Stuart

Back to top Go down
Elizabeth Tudor
Queen Regnant

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:10 am

Private Correspondence for Her Majesty of Scotland.

A sensible decision cousin. I am as yet most unsure of what drives young James of York and would rather thine son be safe while I set my mind upon how to control the vexing scamp.

...however, I can confirm the safety and good health of thine husband within my realm and think perhaps a suitable arrangement may be found with him to ensure thine child's safety.

I am still discussing other matters with my council as they are as yet quite unyielding to thine wishes, but I wilt have them bend to my will if naught else.

Your determined cousin,
Eliz R.

Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:29 am

*The courier returns to court with the following missive delivered to her Majesty Queen of Scotland*

My Dearest Marie,

I have recieved thine courier this day. I wuldst thank thee for thine thoughtful concideration in sending the purse so I may not be a burden upon mine Hostess. The broach, I can not find the words to convey what it means to me. It is breath taking, almost as much as thee my love. I shall treasure it and hold it dear to mine heart until what time I may return to thee. I wish that I had some lavish gift to send in return but alas all I have are my words, my craft, such as it is. I penned this poem while lying awake longing for thee. Tis my hope it brings you some measure of joy and conveys my eternal love.

I love thee, as I love the calm
Of sweet, star-lighted hours!
I love thee, as I love the balm
Of early jes'mine flow'rs.
I love thee, as I love the last
Rich smile of fading day,
Which lingereth, like the look we cast,
On rapture pass'd away.
I love thee as I love the tone
Of some soft-breathing flute
Whose soul is wak'd for me alone,
When all beside is mute.

I love thee as I love the first
Young violet of the spring;
Or the pale lily, April-nurs'd,
To scented blossoming.
I love thee, as I love the full,
Clear gushings of the song,
Which lonely--sad--and beautiful--
At night-fall floats along,
Pour'd by the bul-bul forth to greet
The hours of rest and dew;
When melody and moonlight meet
To blend their charm, and hue.
I love thee, as the glad bird loves
The freedom of its wing,
On which delightedly it moves
In wildest wandering.

I love thee as I love the swell,
And hush, of some low strain,
Which bringeth, by its gentle spell,
The past to life again.
Such is the feeling which from thee
Nought earthly can allure:
'Tis ever link'd to all I see
Of gifted--high--and pure!

Yours Always,

Nicholas

Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:42 am

A Private letter to her Majesty Queen Marie of Scots

My Darling Marie

I doth hope this missive finds thee well. I hath not heard from thee in some time, a fact that which fills me with both worry and sorrow. I trust thou art taking good care of thineself and art not tireing thineself too much with affairs of state.

I hope the courier didst deliver my previous corespondence and that thou didst enjoy the poem there in. I hath started writing again, and even taken to a bit of painting. Of Course my piano still resides in my old chambers. I find there is little else to do here but practice these arts, with out thee court is not the same and I find I care not for it.

Elizabeth and her betrothed have planned a great sea battle to entertain young Edward. I myself doth think I shall take part in that as first mate of a pirate vessal. Elizabeth remarked how she wisheth thee were with us to take part. I know how thou doth hate the sea but it twud be wonderful to find thee ashore on mine return. Twud also please me to have young James aboard at my side.

I shant keep thee from thine affairs further, but know that I doth count the days until we see each other again. Each day I pray shall be the day thou calls me home to thee.

Yours Always,
Nicholas

Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Location : Yuste, Spain; in the household of the Holy Roman Empress; formerly, York Castle, England.

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:44 pm

*smiles after intercepting letter*

young James...?

hmm, i need a wig
Back to top Go down
Sir Nicholas of Rhodes
Marquis of Pembroke

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:57 pm

(OOC: The letter is refering to Prince James of Scotland, Marie's son. And I wuld not invite the wrath or Queen Marie by tampering with her mail)

Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

Location : Yuste, Spain; in the household of the Holy Roman Empress; formerly, York Castle, England.

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:02 pm

(OOC: I KNOW THAT!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:03 pm

(OOC: NOT TAMPERING. MERELY DELAYING)
Back to top Go down
Francis Walsingham
Spymaster

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:07 pm

*the next missive that falls into James's hands reveals the following words*

My lord of York,

these correspondances are already seen by my eyes and the additional delays thou doth create are causing suspicion. Please desist immediately.

F.
Back to top Go down
Lord James of York

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Francis, Just the person I need!!!

Take this to Elizabeth will you...?

READ THIS FRANCIS AND I WILL HAVE YOU PERSONALLY EXECUTED!!!

Dearest Elizabeth

I am Innocent
To kill me would get a revolution from your people
They could possibly overthrow you...
...And I have merely 16 years on my head, I am a young thing in this world

TO TAKE ME OUT OF IT WOULD MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR THRONE! DO WE REALLY WANT SOME EVIL CATHOLIC SPANIARD ON THE THRONE... NO... WE WANT A PROTESTANT ON THE THRONE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fair is foul, and foul is fair   

Back to top Go down

Fair is foul, and foul is fair
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2